[Pachi] Criticality

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Apr 25 21:26:14 CEST 2011

  Hi!

  I just merged a promising-looking change into master. I have
resurrected a criticality implementation I wrote few months ago.
The main purpose for this metric is to set ltree goals, but just
to test things out, I implemented support in UCB1AMAF for including
this in the RAVE term.

  After some very basic tuning, it seems now that it should be couple
tens of elo gain unless the confidence bounds are playing it nasty.
But I think I'm still far from the optimum values and I'll need the
resources for other testing soon, so help with fine-tuning is welcome.