[Pachi] self-play

Matthew Woodcraft matthew at woodcraft.me.uk
Fri Aug 5 21:41:41 CEST 2011

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> Is there some configuration that I should have been using, or
> something? I just used the command-line from the README
> ./pachi -t =1000 policy=ucb1,playout=light,prior=eqex=0,dynkomi=none

That command line is an example of disabling many of Pachi's features,
so it gives an unusually weak player; I expect that has something to do
with it (sometimes they seem to be passing before all the territory is
settled).

If you add ',pass_all_alive' to the end of the command line, they'll
play the game out until nearly all the dead stones are off the board;
that should help them agree on the score.

-M-