[Pachi] Scoring

Gareth Davies gareth.davies at lmh.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 13:06:10 CEST 2011

The problem I'm having is the large central area pachi has made but not fully sealed off.  All the empty points in this moyo reach both live White and live Black stones and so can/should be considered dame.  Indeed, this is what the comment in the board_official_score function says in the file board.c.  I've also added some simple printf lines to my copy of board.c to try and understand how the score is calculated and, indeed, the spaces in the centre are coloured as 0 in the array ownermap when board_official_score is called and do not contribute to White's score.

Thanks for your help,
Gareth