[Pachi] Configuring a weak bot

Gareth Davies gareth.davies at lmh.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 27 13:19:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

How can I configure pachi to play at about 15k?  At the moment I simply lower the threads to 1 and the thinking time to 3 seconds per move but I have two problems with this approach:

0) If my system is under load then 3 seconds on a single thread is much weaker than when my system is not.  It would be preferable to limit playouts or something so that as my system takes on other work pachi will continue to play at the same strength.
1) Pachi absolutely refuses to resign a lost game with these settings.  I've tried setting resign_threshold to all kinds of values but often pachi will play right up until it has no valid moves and then pass.

Any ideas?