[Pachi] Fuseki

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Aug 29 12:47:32 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:30:05AM +0100, Gareth Davies wrote:
> I can see some support in pachi for considering joseki but nothing for fuseki.  I was hoping to simply add some fuseki patterns to the joseki database but the joseki engine seems to want to stick to a single corner.
>
> Are there any plans to include support for fuseki or would it be difficult to incorporate?  If not, I might look into it myself.

  It depends on exactly what do you mean by "support for fuseki". Aside
of joseki support, Pachi supports opening book - in fact in two formats,
the fbook and treebook. See http://pasky.or.cz/go/prace.pdf sec. 3.3.1
for some details.

  In case of opening book, whole-board pattern replied may be defined.
If you need something more fine-grained (e.g. side pattern), I think
it'd be best to extend the joseki mechanism for that (since at that
point, you may already get multiple matches) - it shouldn't be too
difficult.