[Pachi] Pachi windows build

Paul paulsteyn1 at afrihost.co.za
Wed Dec 21 00:09:05 CET 2011

Hi All,

I've been trying to build Pachi on windows using MinGW, but have had
some issues.

I've managed to solve a lot of the initial issues, but there are some
particular problems that are hard to fix, notably:
* MinGW doesn't implement an inet_ntop function, although there is one
  on later versions of windows.
* There is no nanosleep function on windows.

inet_ntop isn't a very complex piece of code, from what I gather, so
it could theoretically be replaced with a custom written function,
which would then work on both linux and windows, but I haven't yet seen
an implementation that I was sure was open source and could be used.
Does anybody have any bright ideas, or have any code handy to use for
this?

Nanosleep might have to be replaced for this to work on windows. Does
anybody know if there are any, more portable functions that could be
used instead?

Help, comments and suggestions welcome.

Paul