[Pachi] timely advice?

jonathan chetwynd j.chetwynd at btconnect.com
Sun Jul 17 10:47:13 CEST 2011

Pasky,

over ten years of bug filing has taught me developers work to their own agenda...
I'd like to start incorporating some more of your work and ideas, including criticality,
and would appreciate comments on my recent emails.

in particular regarding the difference between territory values generated for pachi and player moves,
ie player moves appear to be more closely related to nominal values, whereas pachi's appear anomalous, whether moves or frames.

also the simple comments generator as described relies on 2 or 4> point changes in territory score,
however these are often local moves with direct results such as a capture,
my expectation would be that excellent moves would have subtle causes.
please take a look:

peepo.com has incorporated a number of new ideas, and moved to canvas which renders about 50 times faster than SVG, on this box anyway.

best

Jonathan

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd at btconnect.com