[Pachi] boards.territory: 2 Queries

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Jul 21 21:27:59 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:52:36AM +0100, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> for a limited time peepo.com is using reportfreq=200
> please try it out and send me your comments.
>
> Is it possible that the territory output could be easily improved?
>
> 1	when white has moved, could board.territory be similar to a black move?
> 	ie move.boards.territory does not currently change dramatically to represent the perceived change in territory balance, for white, but does for black.

  I'm sorry, I don't really understand what the problem here is. Can you
show some example situation where you see this? Does it depend on the
color or whichever player is Pachi? Overally, I'm lost here, please be
much more detailed.

> 2	when white is considering moves, ie for every report, could board.territory match 1?
>         ie the first query, in this way the meaning of the proposed move would be clearer to the observer.
> 	currently nothing much changes, though the outcomes are frequently, vastly different.

  What do you mean by "board.territory matches 1"? What do you mean by
that nothing much changes? Outcomes of what?

> apologies if this seems garbled, I believe a quick trial of the site will make the meaning obvious.

  Unfortunately, it doesn't. :-(