[Pachi] boards.territory: 2 Queries

jonathan chetwynd j.chetwynd at btconnect.com
Mon Jun 27 11:52:36 CEST 2011

for a limited time peepo.com is using reportfreq=200
please try it out and send me your comments.

Is it possible that the territory output could be easily improved?

1	when white has moved, could board.territory be similar to a black move?
	ie move.boards.territory does not currently change dramatically to represent the perceived change in territory balance, for white, but does for black.

2	when white is considering moves, ie for every report, could board.territory match 1?
        ie the first query, in this way the meaning of the proposed move would be clearer to the observer.
	currently nothing much changes, though the outcomes are frequently, vastly different.

apologies if this seems garbled, I believe a quick trial of the site will make the meaning obvious.

many thanks once again,

Jonathan Chetwynd

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd at btconnect.com