[Pachi] [ANNOUNCE] Pachi 8.00 "Shuhaku"

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun May 22 20:09:17 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:20:04PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
>   I'd like to tag next version tomorrow. We have reached fair strength
> increase again through ladder bug fixes and criticality, and I want to
> get out a version with the more friendly README file.

  Here we go!  I pretty much described the highlights above. Parallel
make, further constants fine-tuning etc. make for a steady strength
improvement since last version in February, though otherwise there
hasn't been too much development. But we also got a real homepage and
mailinglist, and some GTP-related patches from an outside contributor
(Matthew Woodcraft)! :-)

  My personal plans for the next version include further research in
local trees and json output. It would be also nice to start building
a large fbook for 19x19, and on a related note a flexible sgf mass
processing tool, but it is unlikely I will personally get to this
before my pre-finals procrastination period begins in August.

  Anyway, happy playing,