[Pachi] [ANNOUNCE] Pachi 9.00 "Hakugen"

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Oct 23 15:51:27 CEST 2011

  Hi!

  I have tagged a new version of Pachi, mainly since I need a current
reference point right now. The user visible changes since the last
version include more user-friendly interface (e.g. implicit clear_board
on boardsize) and few new techniques mainly by Jean-loup (e.g. linear
dynamic komi, virtual wins, RAVE history order weighing). Also, the
default parameters are even better tuned thanks to Jean-loup.

  There is not much active development going on right now since we are
both exhausted by our work on the Pachi paper (http://pasky.or.cz/go/)
and busy with other things. My personal focus now will be fixing large
and obvious flaws found by the jlg's regression suite, e.g. the ladder
problems.

  Happy playing,