[Pachi] [ANNOUNCE] Pachi 9.00 "Hakugen"

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Oct 30 20:25:32 CET 2011

  Hi!

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 03:51:27PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
>   I have tagged a new version of Pachi, mainly since I need a current
> reference point right now. The user visible changes since the last
> version include more user-friendly interface (e.g. implicit clear_board
> on boardsize) and few new techniques mainly by Jean-loup (e.g. linear
> dynamic komi, virtual wins, RAVE history order weighing). Also, the
> default parameters are even better tuned thanks to Jean-loup.

  I have just pushed out 9.01, fixing a major bug of Pachi happily
throwing assertion failures in handicap games. It was caused by a bug
in the new linear adaptive dynamic komi.

  (Also, it seems that far too often, Pachi refuses to mark any stones
dead, but I did not have the time to investigate.)

We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island
of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorace. -- J. A. Wheeler