[Pachi] pachi question

Matthew Woodcraft matthew at woodcraft.me.uk
Sat Sep 3 11:42:08 CEST 2011

Vikram Valia wrote:
> I extracted the pachi tar ball to /home/*usr*/Downloads/pachi, typed make in
> the terminal and got an executable file. and configured qgo to look to
> /home/*usr*/Downloads/pachi/pachi for the go engine. With *usr* being my
> username. But I cannot get it to work, any ideas? Thanks for all your
> efforts.

I can confirm that qgo (I have version 1.5.4) doesn't work directly with
pachi.

qgo's GTP implementation isn't very forgiving. You can get it to work if
you run pachi through a GTP proxy like gogui-adapter.

(But I don't think qgo supports command-line arguments for its engines,
so you have to write a little script.)

Or else you could use a more robust graphical client. I use gogui and
quarry, and they both work fine with pachi.

-M-