[Pachi] dynkomi query

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Aug 5 20:04:00 CEST 2012

  Hi!

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 12:33:24AM +0100, Neil Mclean wrote:
> I'm in the process of adding support for setting engine parameters via
> gtp / gogui.
>
> I've got most parameters from the the following:
>
> struct uct
> struct prior
> struct ucb1amaf
> struct moggy

  Great! It would be good if parameters are not tracked at two places
but just a single piece of code is taking care of the actual parsing
and parameter setup - otherwise, one of the places will get neglected
and slowly bitrot for sure.

> I see that there is dynkomi none, linear and adaptive. Is adaptive the
> default now and the others past experiments?
>
> my query is: is it safe to say I include only the parameters from the
> dynkomi_adaptive struct?

  Default dynkomi is linear. The adaptive dynkomi is used with the
experimental maximize_score option.

  Best,