[Pachi] ko threat count?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sat Jan 14 13:59:10 CET 2012

  Hi!

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 08:59:28AM +0000, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> much as I imagined,
>
> so is this one for the wishlist?
>
> ie humans might benefit from seeing ko threats available,
> and knowing the balance.
> one should not initiate a ko one cannot 'win'

  Yes, it's something for the wishlist. :) It would be useful for the
program as well, however it is a bit tricky to implement even a basic
version of ko threat counting, and if you consider things like ko
threats removing or generating ko threats for oneself or the opponent
(which unfortunately is not so rare at all), things get very hairy.

  Therefore, I suspect this is something not for the nearest future.

	The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will
	last at least until we've finished building it.