[Pachi] Games with Handicap 9

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Jan 20 20:09:18 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:59:27PM +0200, Jukka Jylänki wrote:
> Perhaps a quickie "don't resign in the first 50/75/100 moves." or
> similar might do the trick for large handicap games?

Perhaps it could. Then again, if I think about it I personally actually
prefer to avoid H9 games (ideally, all H7+ games), since low-handicap or
even games give much better feedback to the program and to me as its
author wrt. which bugs to fix. There are weaker versions of Pachi
available on KGS for weaker players.

	The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will
	last at least until we've finished building it.