[Pachi] win32 build performance

linfk linfk at 163.com
Sat Jan 21 15:43:03 CET 2012

 I managed to build a win32 version of Pachi today.  With some portability modification to the code, I successfuly built the 9.0.1 version with MinGW. Now It works on windows, but still has some performance problems.
It runs on a pc with intel Q6600 cpu, 4G ram.
With the following params:
-t _1500 threads=4, max_tree_size=2048
the win32 version only reaches about 2000 games/s (500 games/s/thread).
On the same PC, I also have a linux version of Pachi running in a VMware virtual machine. With the same params, even in a vm, it reaches 4000 games/s (1000 games/s/thread).
I tried to tune up the optimization level option of the compiler, however any optimization make pachi crash when it's thinking.
I also tried to compile with MSVC, but it seems MSVC lacks proper C99 support.