[Pachi] win32 build performance

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Jan 23 17:27:40 CET 2012

  Hi!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:01:21AM +0800, linfk wrote:
> I tried the win32 branch and it's working. The only change I had to make was using gnu99 compiler option instead of c99. That is because stpcpy seems to be only in gnu extension.

  But CUSTOM_CFLAGS do use -std=gnu99.

> And strangely, now The o0 build runs faster. It now reaches 4000 games/s on my machine(2000 before). The crash also disappeared on o4 build. However, there is no noticable difference between o0 and o4.

  Awesome! :)

  I have merged the win32 branch to master now.

> I'm still not sure if the win32 build has correct behavior. Sometimes I observed "early stop" in the log. What does that mean?

  Nothing to worry about. The search does not continue since it could
not change the chosen move anymore anyway.

> And some logs seems to be broken with half drawn board situation. Is that normal? A test log is attached for you to check.

  Yes, that's normal when using multiple threads, though should not
happen too often; I never really bothered to look into this yet.

> The build can finish a game though. I played with it and I think it is about kgs1k on my machine. I'll try to give it some handicap stones later.

  If it works well, would you be willing to publish your binaries?

	The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will
	last at least until we've finished building it.