[Pachi] win32 build performance

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Jan 27 12:30:22 CET 2012

  Hi!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:41:17PM +0800, linfk wrote:
> I'll send the binary and makefile to you by email. Please have some tests. If you think it's good enough, feel free to release it.

  Thank you very much! It is linked from the main page now.

  It seems to me that maybe the performance is slightly worse than on
Linux, but I think that's fairly common occurence and I did not check
that rigorously anyway.

> I didn't use your makefile. There are some commands not available under windows, e.g. sed, and some other problems i cannot identify. I don't have a good enough understanding  to modify your makefile. I used devcpp to generate a simple win32 makefile which is working. There are some hard coded path string in it, but it should be easy to change to environment variables.

  In the long run, we will have to somehow adapt the Makefile to work on
Windows as well.

  If you could describe the process to generate win32 makefile using
devcpp (is there some tool there to do that?) and what changes to make
in the generated makefile (AIUI, just change c99 to gnu99?), I think
that would be great for now.

	The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will
	last at least until we've finished building it.