[Pachi] windows version of pachi 9.99 devel

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Jul 12 13:07:50 CEST 2012

  Hi!

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:31:24PM +0100, Neil Mclean wrote:
> I've compiled the latest version of pachi 9.99 devel dated 5th July
> 2012 under mingw32 windows xp 32bit. (sorry, I don't know the commit
> number)
>
> I thought it might be good to share it on your pachi website.
> It was compiled using gcc 4.7 which seems a little bit faster than
> 4.6. Also it compiles into smaller code, more optimised?

  It is most likely commit ac7d7. Yes, gcc-4.7 has quite a few
optimization improvements compared to gcc-4.6, so faster code is likely.

  Thank you very much, it seems to work fine, I have put it
on the web page!

> However it's still about 20% slower than running under linux.
>
> Thanks for making pachi! And all the comments in the source files! I
> hope to contribute to the source, mybe cleanup some of the gtp
> interface / allow custom engine options to be set via gtp in the next
> months...

  Awesome, we're looking forward to any contributions. :-)

> Also i've got some very minor changes to make it compile under
> mingw32, do I need to register with you to make git commits?

  No need - just commit things and upload them to a fork of the project
you can make on repo.or.cz or github. You can also push your commits
to mob at repo.or.cz:/srv/git/pachi.git branch mob. Or submit them as
patches to the mailing list. Let me know if you need any assistance!

	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better
	than the other way around.  -- Eric S. Raymond