[Pachi] Raspberry Pi cluster?

D. Schmicker dschmicker at physik.de
Thu Mar 1 17:11:28 CET 2012

As nobody is answering this:

I had a quick look on Pi: It is a standard arm processor, so it might be
comparible with an iPad 1 processor. I have oakfoam running on iPad and
it is roughly 10 times slower than on one actual i7 core.

Therefore I do not think such a cluster is of any use, as it will be
more than 40 times slower than a i7-2600 e.g. which you can get for
roughly 450$. And I did not talk about any RAM restrictions yet:)

Detlef