[Pachi] Pattern

Jean-m. a. jm.arbona at iecb.u-bordeaux.fr
Mon Mar 26 10:33:41 CEST 2012

Hello,
I tried to use the patterns but without any success:
I did not find how to unzip the files. I googled the extension but found
nothing.

Just to be sure the procedure is to put the files patterns.prob.xz
et patterns.stat.xz in pachi repertory.
To unzip both,
and just to launch pachi without any option regarding this files.

I noticed that the versiob of pachi 9.01 is better than the version 9.99 at
least
on my hardware (4 cpu). So I don't know if it is because I don't use the
pattern files.

I saw that pachi won  a lot of games on kgs for the computer tournament.
How did that end?

JM