[Pachi] cannot run pachi 9 on Windows

Pi juanpide at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:04:29 CEST 2012

Hello

I've tried the precompiled (Windows) pachi go program that can be found at
http://pachi.or.cz
but it doesn't work for me.

If I run it through GOGUI or Drago o any other GUI  it produces errors such
as:
"The go program did not respond to any commands. One possible reason is
that the command for executing the program in GTP modewas not correct"
I've tried different parameters without luck.

I've thought it was a problem of comunication between GOGUI and Pachi but
I've also tried by executing the program directly in a command prompt
window. It shows some initialization messages but finally it hangs.

Could you tell me what I have to do, please?
Or could you post another precompiled version, please?

I hadn't had any problem with the much older pachi version 4. But I wanted
to upgrade it.
I'm using Windows 7 and my computer has 12GB of RAM.

regards.