[Pachi] cannot run pachi 9 on Windows

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue May 15 11:14:31 CEST 2012

  Hi!

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:04:29AM +0200, Pi wrote:
> I've tried the precompiled (Windows) pachi go program that can be found at
> http://pachi.or.cz
> but it doesn't work for me.
>
> If I run it through GOGUI or Drago o any other GUI  it produces errors such
> as:
> "The go program did not respond to any commands. One possible reason is
> that the command for executing the program in GTP modewas not correct"
> I've tried different parameters without luck.
>
> I've thought it was a problem of comunication between GOGUI and Pachi but
> I've also tried by executing the program directly in a command prompt
> window. It shows some initialization messages but finally it hangs.

  After it appears hanging, can you please try entering

	genmove black

and checking if the program replies in any way?

  So far, I think we got no other report of problems so it is a bit
curious...

  Pasting all Pachi's output until it appears to hang would be also
useful.

  Thanks,

	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better
	than the other way around.  -- Eric S. Raymond