[Pachi] How to run clusters

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Oct 17 11:12:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:57:23AM +0100, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> > TH Chau
>

> download the source
>
> The cluster maintainer is: Jean-loup Gailly <jloup at gailly.net>
>
> from the ReadMe:
>
> Other special engines are also provided:
>  a "distributed" engine for cluster play; the description at the top of
>   distributed/distributed.c should provide all the guidance

Maybe "all the guidance" is too broad :-) - let us know if you still
have specific questions.

One important thing to note is that by default, the connections are
restricted to non-public IP ranges like 192.168.0.0/16. You will need
to modify network.c:is_private() if your clients do not match this.
(And we assume that the LAN is trusted.)