[Pachi] Pachi app for android

Emmanuel Mathis emmanuel at lr-studios.net
Tue Apr 2 23:17:37 CEST 2013

Hi All,

For those who are interested, I just created a Pachi (10.00) app for
android. It should run on all devices running android 2.1 or higher.

The APK is available here :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-pachi/files/
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-pachi/files/>

The source code is currently available on my Github :
https://github.com/Daimas/android-pachi
<https://github.com/Daimas/android-pachi>

I would like to get some feedback from other users to know if it is
stable or not (I'm very worried about memory issues). The app
automatically sends me crash reports, so please turn your internet
connection on if you try it.
The UI code is not clean but it's currently an alpha build. I used the
same UI as my other app (ElyGo) so some buttons/settings don't do
anything, but I will work on that later.

On my phone, Pachi is quite strong on 9x9 (I'm 5 dan and lose sometimes)
but on 13x13 or higher its strength quickly decreases, I think that on a
19x19 it is almost 10 kyu.
I know about pattern files to improve its strength, but according to the
documentation they require a lot of memory. I'll try to see what I can do.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Emmanuel Mathis