[Pachi] (no subject)

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 11 15:36:32 CET 2013

  Hi!

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 02:06:59AM -0800, Zoltan Kelemen wrote:
> your pachi program is ranked as 3 dan on 13x13 board on KGS Go Server. I am ranked 2 kyu, but  I can beat it as I like. It takes all of my 5-kyu level tricks. Tactically it is weak, but strategy is not so important on smaller boards.

  Sorry you didn't enjoy playing Pachi. Its challenge is clearly marked
as "experimental" and "unknown strength" as the strength of the current
codebase is very unlikely to be anywhere near 3 dan, it has some radical
changes in it.

> This is not the future of computer go.

  Sometimes you need to scale back and start progressing through
a different route in order to make a breakthrough to the future.

	Sick and yet happy, in peril and yet happy, dying and yet happy,
	in exile and happy, in disgrace and happy.  -- Epictetus