[Pachi] Run Pachi on AWS

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Jun 16 11:18:36 CEST 2013

  Hi!

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 01:05:27AM -0500, Kevin Zhou wrote:
> What's the playout count when running Pachi on your distributed system? I
> have it setup on AWS with one instance of c1.xlarge, which has 8 cores and
> 7G of RAM. And with 8 threads and 1000 seconds per move, I'm getting about
> 50K playout count (output of winrate query). Is that typical?

  That is certainly atypical, you should see much more. AIUI this is
without the distributed engine? Please post Pachi's stdout output during
generation of two successive moves, ideally with -d 4 commandline
parameter, and exact commandline parameters you are using.

  Best,

	For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear,
	simple, and wrong.  -- H. L. Mencken