[Pachi] Run Pachi on AWS

Kevin Zhou kvzrock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 03:00:23 CEST 2013

Here's my config file for kgsGTP:

mode=custom
room=Computer Go
name=scengine
password=***
rules.time=5:00+5x0:15
reconnect=t
engine=/home/ubuntu/pachi/pachi -e distributed slave_port=1234

My cluster has three nodes (c1.xlarge instance), each node. has 8 cores. By
running kgsGTP + pachi master + 8 pachi slaves on Node1, 8 pachi slaves on
each of the other nodes, I have 24 slaves running. And my winrate message
look like this:

scengine: In 22714 playouts at 24 threads, black B16 can win with 70.9%
probability.

scengine: In 256528 playouts at threads, black F15 can win with 69.8%
probability.

usually, the playout numbers are below 100K.

Is this typical for this configuration?

Can I add more slaves? Can I change the max number of simulated games
played on all slaves (default is 80K?)

Regards,

Kevin