[Pachi] Compiling pachi with cygwin

Erik S. Steinmetz erik at steinmetz.org
Wed Nov 6 18:42:57 CET 2013

Greetings,

I am trying to compile pachi (the current version from the git repository) using cygwin. I try a plain old make without modifying the Makefile, and the program compiles and links (with many, many warnings), but when I start it up and tell it to ‘genmove b’, it seems to make it all the way through its thought process and then hangs.

I noticed that there was a thread about this back in January/February of 2012 on the computer-go mailing list, but it did not appear to end with a definitive solution.

Was there ever a solution found for this issue?

Many thanks,

Erik Steinmetz
erik at steinmetz.org