[Pachi] Compiling pachi with cygwin

Erik S. Steinmetz erik at steinmetz.org
Wed Nov 6 19:48:57 CET 2013

Hi again Petr,

Thanks for the advice.

I am also not a Windows user, preferring OS X. I have (non-adminstrative) access to a lovely 40 core server at the moment, however, that is running Windows, and it really speeds up running a few thousand games for experiments! I will ask the admin to install the MinGW tools….

I have been using the pachi.exe that is linked from the pachi website, and it works, but it dies occasionally which sort of messes up the gogui-twogtp meta-machine. I should probably find a different twogtp program which does a better job of recovering from a crashing program. Gogui-twogtp is not able to restart the program that crashes, apparently, and so if one sets it to play 1000 games, and a program crashes on game 4590, the remaining 550 games are all thrown out as the program is not restarted.

Again, many thanks,

Erik Steinmetz
erik at steinmetz.org