[Pachi] Pachi became strongest Go program on desktop systems. Are there any prospects?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Aug 8 14:52:59 CEST 2014

  Hi!

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 04:44:31PM +0400, Andrew P. wrote:
> Congratulations!
> Pachi [url=http://rugo.ru/read.php?2,68490,8031951,page=13#msg-8031951]became strongest Go program[/url] on desktop systems.

  That's very nice to hear. :-)  I'm not sure how statistically
significant these results are (we usually play hundreds or thousands of
games when we want to be sure of improvements) and Google Translate
makes things maybe a little confusing, but I'm still happy that people
regard Pachi highly!

> When it will be official version (11)?

  Actually, I plan to do it soon!  Right now, I'm still doing some
tuning experiments, but my plan was to release version 11 when these
are finished, which could be in a couple of days.  It probably will
not be a huge improvement compared to version 10, but a lot of smaller
fixes and specific strength enhancements.

> When it will be in Linux distributives (with GoGUI)?

  Good question.  Ideally, when someone contributes it there! :-)
I'm a Debian user and I was considering packaging Pachi for Debian,
but never really got around to do it.  Packaging is a specific activity
that even non-programmers can partake in, anyone is welcome!

  Kind regards,

				Petr Baudis