[Pachi] compile for win64

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Oct 2 20:48:10 CEST 2014

  Hi!

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 09:52:43PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> I might be willing to setup a clean Win7 instance and give
> compilation a try, but I might need some guidance. Is it Cygwin, or
> Mingw, or something else? Any special compile flags for 64 bit? Any
> libraries I need?

  My apologies - I have no advice I could provide related to compiling
on Windows, but I'll be glad for any patches you might provide if you
figure it out. :-)

  Windows compilation is controlled by the WIN=1 setting near the top
of the Makefile; a comment nearby mentions mingw so I'd go with that.

> I am also contemplating to package Pachi for Ubuntu, since that's
> the platform I'm most comfortable with, maybe even try and push it
> into the official repos, but...

  That would be awesome!  I have some Debian packaging experience so
I could help with some of the work, I just don't have the time to do
it all myself from scratch.  I'll be happy to carry at least some
baseline Debian packaging within the upstream repo in a debian/
directory.

				Petr Baudis