[Pachi] Out of Memory error with pattern files on Win32

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Feb 1 09:11:33 CET 2016

On 2016-01-31 09:05, Wayne Vucenic wrote:

> Without the pattern files it works great.  However, I'd really like
> to use the gogod-handikgspachi-iter pattern files.  With these files,
> pachi crashes on a malloc error while calculating its first move:
>
> tree.c:85: tree_init: OUT OF MEMORY malloc(1181116007)

I have the exact same problem with pachi-11.00-win32 on Windows 10 64
bit, and GoGui 1.4.9

I've tried various command line parameters, including things like:

pachi -t _1200 threads=4,max_tree_size=3072,maximize_score

Tried various values for the memory setting, some larger, some smaller.
Tried without any options at all. Nothing works as long as the pattern
files are loaded. As soon as I remove the pattern files, it works.

I seem to remember making it work a while ago on Windows with pattern
files, but I'm pretty sure that was an older version - before v11 for
sure. Can't remember what parameters I've used then.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/