[Pachi] Pachi pattern files not working for me.

Hunter Maxwell h.mxwell at gmail.com
Fri May 13 02:17:54 CEST 2016

Hi, I'm on windows and am running the windows binary on GoGui. Pachi works
well, but I can't seem to get the pattern files to work. I downloaded
patterns.prob.xz and patterns.spat.xz from
http://pachi.or.cz/pat/gogod-handikgspachi-iter/ and put the files next to
pachi.exe. Nothing seems to happen in GoGui, the program behaves the same
as without the files. When I open pachi.exe it says "No spatial directory,
will not match spatial pattern features."

I tried renaming the files, taking away the .xz at the end, and the pachi
just crashes both stand alone and with GoGui. Any idea what I'm doing
wrong? Thank you.